Year Around Event (2022)
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
ASLIS requests payment to be made in advance. We do not process refunds after activity is approved and payment is complete.
If you are unable to complete this study for any reason, please contact CEUsponsor@aslis.com.
0.55 Professional Studies
So you've been asked to do
This independent study focuses on information to gather and consider before the VRI assignment, including whether or not you have what you need to successfully complete the assignment. Topics to be covered include, but are not limited to, identifying key stakeholders, questions to ask that will help you identify the type of VRI setting, the goal of the session, details regarding the physical environment, and business practices related to the assignment.
1) Learn the history of VRI, including the needs it is intended to address, as well common advantages and disadvantages inherent in interpreting via technology at a distance.
2) Identify at least 3 consumers and/or stakeholders of any VRI setting.
3) List at least 3 questions to ask before any VRI assignment to identify key information you need to determine if you should accept or decline the assignment.
4) Describe 3 variations in business practices that may be unique to VRI settings.
5) Set up and practice with 2 commonly used VRI platforms: Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
6) Identify and document resources to assist in troubleshooting potential issues while doing VRI work.
Contact Us!Questions or Concerns?
ASL Interpreting Servicesinfo@aslis.com 5801 Duluth Street, Suite 106, Golden Valley, MN 55422