ASLIS looks to foster a professional and effective learning environment for all attendees and facilitators. We expect attendees to interact in a manner that supports this goal by:
- Engaging with presenter, host(s), working interpreters, and fellow attendees in a professional manner.
- Employing positive regard when interacting with presenter, workshop host(s), working interpreters, and fellow attendees, giving the benefit of the doubt to others.
- Being focused on the workshop presentation and content and commenting in ways that add to the shared learning environment
- Engaging with fellow professionals using non-judgmental and non-discriminatory language.
- Directing any legitimate concerns about workshop accessibility, quality, or content to ASLIS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an attendee does not follow the above guidelines, ASLIS reserves the right to take appropriate action. Depending on the situation, actions may include but are not limited to:
- The workshop host will send the attendee a direct message warning the attendee that their behavior is out of line.
- Remove the attendee from the workshop space. The attendee will forfeit their registration fee (if any) and any potential CEUs to be earned.
- Restrict access for the attendee to register for or attend future workshops.
Note these actions may not occur in order of escalation, depending on the severity of the behavior. ASLIS reserves the right to take actions other than what is listed above if necessary.
All decisions made by ASLIS Workshop Hosts are final.